Did you know that Art-A-Whirl in NE Minneapolis is the largest open-studio tour in the country? Even if you’re not planning on scoring any art, it can still be a day chock-full of family fun. Here are a few ideas for your little art-lovin’ littles:
• Ride the Trolley. I mean, c’mon, who doesn’t love a trolley ride? Download the 2012 Art-A-Whirl map to view the trolley route, Art-A-Whirl locations, free parking lots and information booth locations.
• Go to the Kaleidoscopia Coloring Book Signing. Get a signed copy of artist Kendall Bohn’s latest book ”Winged Adventure.” (California Building, #305)
• See an Art Demo. Remember this guy? Your fam will be just as mesmerized watching demos like this one, or this one or maybe even this one. Or what about this one? But probably not this one. (Get the complete list of demos and other events happening here.)
• Go Fish. Join MIA and artists at Logan Park to create art inspired by fish from around the world, and play a fantastically fun fishing game. Saturday, May 19, 11 a.m.–2 p.m. Free, but registration’s requested. Logan Park, 690 13th Ave NE, Minneapolis 55413 Register online or by phone (612-870-3000).
• Go for Community Family Bike Ride. Join Bike.Walk.Move. for a 3-mile leisurely family ride. Meet outside Logan Park Rec Center to decorate bikes at 9 am. Then parade down 13th Avenue NE and ride some of the new NE bikeways. Check the schedule for more community kid rides near you.
Got some questions? Get the answers here. And may you find just the perfect thing to display on the mantelpiece.
Friday, May 18, 5 – 10 pm
Saturday, May 19, noon – 8 pm
Sunday, May 20, noon – 5 pm